- Boards & Commissions
- Mayor & Council
- Public Records
- Town Codes
- Upcoming Meeting Agendas
- Municipal Court
- AZ Open Meeting Law
- Info for Residents
- Payment Options
- Town Departments
- New Resident Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Elections Information
- Residential Rental requirements
- Info for Businesses
- Contact Us
Calendar of Events
No matter what the season, there is always something going on in the Town of Jerome. Keeping our residents informed of scheduled events and local happenings is important.
Know of an upcoming event that we need to add? Give us a call or send us an email and we will be happy to add it for you.
Special Joint Workshop Meeting of Council, P&Z and DRB
Begins: 11/18/2019 - 5:00 PM
The purpose of the Joint Meeting/Workshop is to develop and prioritize goals that will then be developed into a “Work Program” for the Zoning Administrator. A preliminary list of goals has already been identified in discussions and meetings with the Council, Planning & Zoning Commission, Design Review Board and other staff. At the meeting, participants will be asked to identify any additional goals and modify or refine the goals identified below. Once the list of goals is developed, participants will be invited to vote on these goals. This will then turn into a Work Program for review and approval by the Town Council at a subsequent meeting.
The public is invited and encouraged to attend.
PUBLIC HEARING: CDBG Projects
Begins: 11/19/2019 - 5:30 PM
The Town is expected to receive approximately $359,170 in FY20 federal CDBG funds from the Arizona Department of Housing Regional Account (RA). The Town may also apply for up to $300,000 in FY19 or FY20 CDBG funds from the State Special Projects (SSP) account. CDBG funds must be used to benefit low-income persons and areas, alleviate slum and blight or address urgent need. A public hearing will be held at 5:30 p.m. on November 19, 2019 in Council Chambers at Jerome Town Hall, 600 Clark Street, Jerome, AZ, to gather citizen input on the use of the CDBG funds. Examples of possible uses include the following:
- Public infrastructure (e.g., water, wastewater, street improvements);
- Community facilities (e.g., parks, health clinics, libraries, senior or youth centers);
- Housing (e.g., owner-occupied or multi-family rehab, utility connections on private property, new housing constructed by a non-profit);
- Public services (e.g., paying the salary of an additional staff person to expand a Head Start program, purchasing a van to transport persons with disabilities, equipment and rent to start a new job training program); and
- Economic development (e.g., a loan to a business for job creation, micro-enterprise development, acquisition of land for an existing business expansion).
For more information about the hearing, grievances, or the CDBG program; or to receive assistance in formulating prospective project ideas for presentation at the hearing contact the following:
Name, Title: Candace B. Gallagher, CMC, Town Manager/Clerk
Organization: Town of Jerome
Address: 600 Clark Street
City, State, Zip: Jerome, AZ 86331-0335
Telephone: (928) 634-7943
Fax: (928) 634-0715
TTY: (800) 367-8939
Persons with disabilities who require special accommodations may contact Joni Savage, Deputy Clerk, at the above location at least 48 hours before the hearing.