Municipal Court

During this ongoing pandemic, the Jerome Court is allowing Defendants, Victims and Attorneys entrance into the building.  There are 2 chairs for Members of the public should they want to attend open court.  Masks and temperature checks are required of all persons.  The public may be asked to provide their name and telephone number for contact tracing should a COVID exposure occur. 

PLEASE NOTE: in the event of a public health mandate, the town building may be closed to any walk-in options. 

Please call the Court at 928-649-3250 for additional information. 


The Jerome Municipal Court is committed to professionally serving the citizens of Jerome by administering justice in a fair and efficient manner to enhance community trust and confidence in our court system.

The Jerome Municipal Court is the judicial branch of the Town of Jerome government. The Court has jurisdiction over civil traffic, criminal traffic and criminal misdemeanor offenses and violations of our Town Code and ordinances. Additionally, the Judge has the authority to issue arrest and search warrants, orders of protection and injunctions against harassment.

The Presiding Judge, Honorable Joan Dwyer, has a Judge's Assistant/Court Clerk to provide administrative functions of the court. The Jerome Municipal Court and its staff are committed to providing professional and efficient service to the community in the administration of justice.

Physical Address:
Jerome Municipal Court
600 Clark St. 3rd Flr
Jerome, Arizona 86331

Mailing Address:
Jerome Municipal Court
PO Box 335
Jerome, Arizona 86331



Contact Information:
Phone (928) 649-3250
Fax     (928) 634-5462
Hours: Tuesday - Thursday, 8:30 am to 12 pm, 1 pm to 3:30 pm

AZPOINT, the Arizona Protective Order Initiation and Notification Tool, has been designed to help you fill out a petition for an Order of Protection. Through an interview in AZPOINT, you can quickly and accurately fill out the forms that are needed to request an Order of Protection at an Arizona court. An Order of Protection is a court order that is issued to stop a person from committing domestic violence or from contacting other people protected by the order. The portal will also help you figure out whether you (the plaintiff) and the person from whom you are seeking protection (the defendant) have a qualifying relationship for an Order of Protection. Your information will be saved in AZPOINT for up to 90 days. At any time during this 90-day period, you may take the next step of filing your petition at an Arizona court. Until you file your petition at a court, you will be able to return to AZPOINT to update your information if necessary. You are encouraged to speak to a victim advocate before you file your petition. An advocate can help you make a safety plan and give you more information about how an Order of Protection works and how it will be served on the defendant. For more information, click here to go to AZPOINT.

How SERVICE Works in Arizona

Como Funciona la NOTIFICACION en Arizona

Relevant Documents

Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the Court located?

The Jerome Municipal court is located at 600 Clark Street in Jerome, Arizona. The Court Office and Courtroom is on the 3rdFloor of the Town Hall Building. The Court office is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.  Click here for a link to Google Maps.

What if the Court is closed?

The Court will close several times during the year for mandatory training and mandatory meetings. If you are traveling a distance, you may want to call and confirm that we are open to avoid unnecessary driving. Your options for paying your citation will be online, by mail or the drop box located on the 2nd floor inside the building next to the Town Hall window, with provided envelopes for your convenience.

How do I know if my citation is for a criminal offense or a civil violation?

Each of the charges listed on your citation has a box that is checked to indicate the type of offense: criminal, criminal traffic, civil traffic or petty offense.  Your citation may contain more than one type of offense.

What should I do if I receive a citation for a civil traffic offense?

If you are an adult, you must do one of the following: appear at the court on or before your scheduled appearance date (date and time to handle your civil traffic violation) OR pay your fine by mail or online OR request a civil traffic hearing. Failure to do so will result in default judgment being entered against you for the full amount of the fine, assessment of additional default fees and the suspension of your driver license.

You should receive a court fine schedule with your citation. If not, click here.

If you are under 18 years of age and have received a citation for a civil traffic moving violation, you must appear in court on the date and time indicated accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Your parent may also appear on your behalf.

What am I required to do if I have received a citation for a criminal or criminal traffic offense?

You MUST appear in court on the date and time indicated on the citation. Failure to do so may result in a failure to appear charge and warrant for your arrest.

If you retain an attorney to handle the case, your attorney can file a notice of appearance and a plea of not guilty on your behalf.

If you are under 18 years of age and have received a citation for a criminal traffic violation you and your parent or guardian MUST appear on the Court date and time noted on your citation.

How do I pay my fine?

There are several options for paying your citation:

In person at 600 Clark Street, Jerome, Arizona, by check or money order. Call before driving up due to our limited availability. (928-649-3250) You may pay at the court office, located on the third floor, or leave your payment in the court payment drop box located inside on the 2nd floor next to the Town Hall window. Envelopes are provided for your convenience.

By mail to Jerome Municipal Court, P.O. Box 335, Jerome, AZ 86331. No cash please. 

Online via credit card at There is a flat $5 fee. 

Online via credit card at There is a 5% service fee.

For online options you will need to have your citation with you.

How can I make payments on my citation?

Contact the Court BEFORE your appearance date and time. The Court will advise you of your balance and determine your monthly payment amount. Complete these forms and email to the Court BEFORE your appearance date and time. Forms may also be faxed to 928-634-5462. A one-time $20.00 fee is assessed for payment options.

What happens if I fail to appear?

Civil Violations; If your court date has passed even by one day, you MUST add the $70 Default Fee per charge and the $20 Late Fee to the Fine and Court Fee (located below Box E of your citation). A default letter will issue explaining your obligations and potential further penalties. Those may include collection fees, MVD holds on driver’s licenses and registration, suspension of your driver’s license and your Arizona taxes may be intercepted.

Criminal Violations: If you fail to appear for your Arraignment or any other scheduled court date you may be subject to additional charges and a warrant for your arrest may be issued. If you know you will be unable to attend, you MUST in writing contact the Court and request a continuance at least five days prior to your scheduled date.

I received a citation for No Proof of Insurance. What do I need to do?

If you have insurance and were covered on the day that you were stopped, email or mail to, or appear at the Court with, a copy of your insurance card BEFORE your appearance date and time. Your charge may be dismissed with proof.

NO INSURANCE CITATIONS, A.R.S. §28-4135 (a), (b) or (c)
Effective 09-30-09       

1st Conviction - $938.00 fine, and 3-month suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

2nd Conviction - $1,383.00 fine, and 6-month suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

3rd Conviction - $1,828.00 fine, and 1-year suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

Failure to provide proof of insurance on or before your appearance date may result in a default status and the potential suspension of your driver’s license.

If you didn’t have insurance at the time of the stop BUT purchased a 6-month policy and provide a 39-month MVD record, the charge may not be dismissed, only reduced. Dismissal is contingent on MVD record.

Can registration violations be dismissed?

ALL registration charges are NOT dismissible, and may only be reduced with proof, per AZDOT MVD policy.

Can you tell me if my license has been suspended?

Call the Motor Vehicle Division at (800) 251-5866 or visit ServiceArizona.comand follow the Motor Vehicles links.

There is a warrant out for my arrest. What do I do?

Call the Court ASAP. You may be able to appear in court to see the judge.

You also may pay a bail/bond at and be given a new court date.  

Can I attend Defensive Driving School?

If your violation is under the Arizona Revised Statutes bolded on the bond schedule you received, (28-701A etc.) you may be eligible if you meet the following criteria:

Eligibility is one year from violation date to violation date. Upon completion of DDS, the violation will be dismissed.

If you complete this class, points will not be assessed to your Motor Vehicle Record. You may attend any Arizona Supreme Court certified school in the state of Arizona. To determine your eligibility and/or to sign up for DDS, contact any certified Arizona defensive driving school.

To access information regarding Defensive Driving Schools, you may call the toll-free telephone number 1-888-334-5565 or visit You must complete the class at least seven (7) days before your appearance or extension date.

If your violation is under the Town Code for Jerome, AZ, Section 12-1-2D, there are no points that will assess, therefore you are NOT eligible for defensive driving school.

CRIMINAL TRAFFIC violations do NOT qualify for Defensive Driving School. You MUST appear on the Court date noted on your citation.

How do I get a continuance to attend Defensive Driving Class?

Call the Court ASAP (928-649-3250). The Court may allow an additional 30 days (less 7 days processing time) to complete DDS.

I went to the Defensive Driving Class, now what happens?

When you complete the class at an Arizona Supreme Court certified school, the school notifies the court of your completion and the charge is electronically dismissed on your record. For further information, call the Court at (928) 649-3250.

Can I attend Defensive Driving program for an Arizona citation if I live out-of-state?

If you wish to attend out-of-state, you may call the toll-free telephone number 1-888-334-5565, or visit and select Arizona, Yavapai County, and choose your school. You may attend online. Upon completion, electronic notification and dismissal of charge will occur.

How do I request a hearing on my civil traffic violation?

To contest the charge(s) you must come to the Court before your appearance date and time. You will complete the Civil Traffic Hearing request form and post a bond equivalent to the sum of your fine and court fee. A Court date will issue for the next calendar date that is available.

You may complete the form prior and bring it into the Court or mail it at least 10 days BEFORE your appearance date with the required bond amount to avoid a late arrival. 

If you are MORE than 100 miles from Jerome, complete the Request for Civil Traffic Hearing in absentia, sign and fax/email right back to 928-634-5462 or

Call the Court for the options to post the bond. If you have financial hardship you may complete a financial affidavit at the Court to have the bond requirement waived.

If you have any questions, the Court is open Tue-Wed-Thu 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. 928-649-3250.

How do I obtain protection from my violent spouse or the person with whom I live?

Request an Order of Protection by completing this form. You may appear at any court in your area. 

How do I obtain protection from threats from my neighbor/acquaintance/coworker, etc.?

Request an "Injunction Against Harassment." Complete these documents. You may appear at any Court in your area.

For Injunction against Workplace Harassment

For General Injunction against Harassment

What do I need to do if I want the Judge to perform my wedding?

Call the Court to determine availability of the Judge. You must have your marriage license and 2 witnesses. There is no charge if performed during operating hours. (928-649-3250)

Do I get a marriage license from you?

No, we do not issue marriage licenses. You may contact any Superior Court in the State of Arizona. In Yavapai County, there are two Superior Courts; Camp Verde location 928-567-7741; Prescott location 928-771-3312.

How do I obtain copies of my records?

If you need copies of your records complete this form.

Payment is required prior to processing copies. Please allow 6 of our business days to complete.


Jerome Municipal Court
600 Clark Street
Jerome, AZ 86331
(928) 649-3250