- Boards & Commissions
- Mayor & Council
- Public Records
- Town Codes
- Upcoming Meeting Agendas
- Municipal Court
- AZ Open Meeting Law
- Info for Residents
- Payment Options
- Town Departments
- New Resident Resources
- Volunteer Opportunities
- Elections Information
- Residential Rental requirements
- Info for Businesses
- Contact Us
The Town of Jerome is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
June 6, 2019: ZONING ADMINISTRATOR - TOWN OF JEROME seeks full-time Zoning Administrator to provide zoning administration, code enforcement, historic preservation, field work and technical office duties. Successful candidate will work with the Planning and Zoning Commission, Design Review Board and Board of Adjustment, and attend evening meetings as needed. Strong interpersonal and oral/written communication skills required. Must possess a valid driver’s license and a clean driving record. Direct experience with Zoning Code enforcement is highly desirable.Salary DOQ.
Applications can be obtained at Town Hall, 600 Clark Street, Jerome, AZ, by mail to Town of Jerome, P.O. Box 335, Jerome, AZ 86331, on the Town’s website at http://www.jerome.az.gov, or by calling (928) 634-7943. Town Hall is open from 8:00 am thru 5:00 pm, Monday thru Thursday, excluding Town recognized holidays. EOE.
May 16, 2019: JEROME FIRE DEPARTMENT, Full-time Duty Officer
Under supervision of the Fire Chief the Duty Officer shall maintain all fire department apparatus and equipment in a ready state of response to emergency calls. Respond to calls including structure, vehicle and wildland fires, traffic accidents, hazardous material situations, EMS calls and other calls for service.
Additional Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work and train with the volunteer members in a positive manner and support the team environment.
- Maintain proper personal physical conditioning for the arduous tasks that firefighters perform.
- Help to maintain fire department records and write reports accurately and in a timely manner.
- Work with other Town departments as needed.
- Assist with fire inspections of buildings and preplan target hazards.
- Test fire hose and fire hydrants annually.
- Ability to manage an emergency scene using proper emergency scene procedures.
- Ability to use computers and basic software programs.
- Ability to cover for Fire Chief and/or Assistant Chief as needed.
- Other duties as directed from the Fire Chief and/or Assistant Chief.
- Must be self-motivated and be able to work without supervision.
- Work with and assist our fuel abatement program.
- Minimum 18 years of age at time of application.
- Must be able to work in the United States.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Possess current Arizona EMT or paramedic certification.
- Valid Arizona driver’s license.
- Firefighter 1&2 certification.
- Reside in the Town of Jerome within 60 days.
- Successful completion of written examination with a 70% score or better.
- Successful completion of a news release on a significant structural fire.
- Successful completion of an oral appraisal examination process.
Testing and oral interview dates to be determined.
February 4, 2019: PUBLIC WORKS CREW – Full time. Immediate opening for qualified person to join Town of Jerome Public Works crew. Must have CDL (Commercial Driver’s License) or obtain within 3 months. Experience with water and/or sewer utilities helpful. Work involves heavy digging, heavy lifting, extensive walking, climbing and working in a variety of environments. Wages DOQ, plus benefits. Send resume to Manager, TOJ, P.O. Box 335, Jerome, AZ 86331, or apply in person at 600 Clark Street, Jerome.
Candace B. Gallagher, CMC
Town Manager/ Town Clerk