WE NEED YOUR HELP! - June 10, 2020

JEROMANS! It is CRITICAL that we are all counted in the 2020 Census! Our funding levels rely on... [more...]

Stage II Fire Restrictions in place - May 15, 2020

Jerome fire Department is implementing Stage II fire restrictions as of May 15th 5:00 PM in the T... [more...]

Access to Town services during Town Hall closure - March 17, 2020

  Jerome Town Hall (600 Clark Street) will be closed to the public from March 18, 2020 unti... [more...]

Mayor Barber's Emergency Declaration - March 17, 2020

Mayor Alex Barber has issued a proclamation declaring an emergency with respect to the coronaviru... [more...]



To serve you better, we've assembled a list of our residents' most frequently asked questions. If you don't find your answer here, feel free to contact us.

Frequently Asked Questions

Municipal Court

Where is the Court located?

The Jerome Municipal court is located at 600 Clark Street in Jerome, Arizona. The Court Office and Courtroom is on the 3rdFloor of the Town Hall Building. The Court office is open Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday 8:30 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.  Click here for a link to Google Maps.

What if the Court is closed?

The Court will close several times during the year for mandatory training and mandatory meetings. If you are traveling a distance, you may want to call and confirm that we are open to avoid unnecessary driving. Your options for paying your citation will be online, by mail or the drop box located on the 2nd floor inside the building next to the Town Hall window, with provided envelopes for your convenience.

How do I know if my citation is for a criminal offense or a civil violation?

Each of the charges listed on your citation has a box that is checked to indicate the type of offense: criminal, criminal traffic, civil traffic or petty offense.  Your citation may contain more than one type of offense.

What should I do if I receive a citation for a civil traffic offense?

If you are an adult, you must do one of the following: appear at the court on or before your scheduled appearance date (date and time to handle your civil traffic violation) OR pay your fine by mail or online OR request a civil traffic hearing. Failure to do so will result in default judgment being entered against you for the full amount of the fine, assessment of additional default fees and the suspension of your driver license.

You should receive a court fine schedule with your citation. If not, click here.

If you are under 18 years of age and have received a citation for a civil traffic moving violation, you must appear in court on the date and time indicated accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Your parent may also appear on your behalf.

What am I required to do if I have received a citation for a criminal or criminal traffic offense?

You MUST appear in court on the date and time indicated on the citation. Failure to do so may result in a failure to appear charge and warrant for your arrest.

If you retain an attorney to handle the case, your attorney can file a notice of appearance and a plea of not guilty on your behalf.

If you are under 18 years of age and have received a citation for a criminal traffic violation you and your parent or guardian MUST appear on the Court date and time noted on your citation.

How do I pay my fine?

There are several options for paying your citation:

In person at 600 Clark Street, Jerome, Arizona, by check or money order. Call before driving up due to our limited availability. (928-649-3250) You may pay at the court office, located on the third floor, or leave your payment in the court payment drop box located inside on the 2nd floor next to the Town Hall window. Envelopes are provided for your convenience.

By mail to Jerome Municipal Court, P.O. Box 335, Jerome, AZ 86331. No cash please. 

Online via credit card at There is a flat $5 fee. 

Online via credit card at There is a 5% service fee.

For online options you will need to have your citation with you.

How can I make payments on my citation?

Contact the Court BEFORE your appearance date and time. The Court will advise you of your balance and determine your monthly payment amount. Complete these forms and email to the Court BEFORE your appearance date and time. Forms may also be faxed to 928-634-5462. A one-time $20.00 fee is assessed for payment options.

What happens if I fail to appear?

Civil Violations; If your court date has passed even by one day, you MUST add the $70 Default Fee per charge and the $20 Late Fee to the Fine and Court Fee (located below Box E of your citation). A default letter will issue explaining your obligations and potential further penalties. Those may include collection fees, MVD holds on driver’s licenses and registration, suspension of your driver’s license and your Arizona taxes may be intercepted.

Criminal Violations: If you fail to appear for your Arraignment or any other scheduled court date you may be subject to additional charges and a warrant for your arrest may be issued. If you know you will be unable to attend, you MUST in writing contact the Court and request a continuance at least five days prior to your scheduled date.

I received a citation for No Proof of Insurance. What do I need to do?

If you have insurance and were covered on the day that you were stopped, email or mail to, or appear at the Court with, a copy of your insurance card BEFORE your appearance date and time. Your charge may be dismissed with proof.

NO INSURANCE CITATIONS, A.R.S. §28-4135 (a), (b) or (c)
Effective 09-30-09       

1st Conviction - $938.00 fine, and 3-month suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

2nd Conviction - $1,383.00 fine, and 6-month suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

3rd Conviction - $1,828.00 fine, and 1-year suspension of driver’s privilege, vehicle registration and plates.

Failure to provide proof of insurance on or before your appearance date may result in a default status and the potential suspension of your driver’s license.

If you didn’t have insurance at the time of the stop BUT purchased a 6-month policy and provide a 39-month MVD record, the charge may not be dismissed, only reduced. Dismissal is contingent on MVD record.

Can registration violations be dismissed?

ALL registration charges are NOT dismissible, and may only be reduced with proof, per AZDOT MVD policy.

Can you tell me if my license has been suspended?

Call the Motor Vehicle Division at (800) 251-5866 or visit ServiceArizona.comand follow the Motor Vehicles links.

There is a warrant out for my arrest. What do I do?

Call the Court ASAP. You may be able to appear in court to see the judge.

You also may pay a bail/bond at and be given a new court date.  

Can I attend Defensive Driving School?

If your violation is under the Arizona Revised Statutes bolded on the bond schedule you received, (28-701A etc.) you may be eligible if you meet the following criteria:

Eligibility is one year from violation date to violation date. Upon completion of DDS, the violation will be dismissed.

If you complete this class, points will not be assessed to your Motor Vehicle Record. You may attend any Arizona Supreme Court certified school in the state of Arizona. To determine your eligibility and/or to sign up for DDS, contact any certified Arizona defensive driving school.

To access information regarding Defensive Driving Schools, you may call the toll-free telephone number 1-888-334-5565 or visit You must complete the class at least seven (7) days before your appearance or extension date.

If your violation is under the Town Code for Jerome, AZ, Section 12-1-2D, there are no points that will assess, therefore you are NOT eligible for defensive driving school.

CRIMINAL TRAFFIC violations do NOT qualify for Defensive Driving School. You MUST appear on the Court date noted on your citation.

How do I get a continuance to attend Defensive Driving Class?

Call the Court ASAP (928-649-3250). The Court may allow an additional 30 days (less 7 days processing time) to complete DDS.

I went to the Defensive Driving Class, now what happens?

When you complete the class at an Arizona Supreme Court certified school, the school notifies the court of your completion and the charge is electronically dismissed on your record. For further information, call the Court at (928) 649-3250.

Can I attend Defensive Driving program for an Arizona citation if I live out-of-state?

If you wish to attend out-of-state, you may call the toll-free telephone number 1-888-334-5565, or visit and select Arizona, Yavapai County, and choose your school. You may attend online. Upon completion, electronic notification and dismissal of charge will occur.

How do I request a hearing on my civil traffic violation?

To contest the charge(s) you must come to the Court before your appearance date and time. You will complete the Civil Traffic Hearing request form and post a bond equivalent to the sum of your fine and court fee. A Court date will issue for the next calendar date that is available.

You may complete the form prior and bring it into the Court or mail it at least 10 days BEFORE your appearance date with the required bond amount to avoid a late arrival. 

If you are MORE than 100 miles from Jerome, complete the Request for Civil Traffic Hearing in absentia, sign and fax/email right back to 928-634-5462 or

Call the Court for the options to post the bond. If you have financial hardship you may complete a financial affidavit at the Court to have the bond requirement waived.

If you have any questions, the Court is open Tue-Wed-Thu 8:30 am to 3:30 pm. 928-649-3250.

How do I obtain protection from my violent spouse or the person with whom I live?

Request an Order of Protection by completing this form. You may appear at any court in your area. 

How do I obtain protection from threats from my neighbor/acquaintance/coworker, etc.?

Request an "Injunction Against Harassment." Complete these documents. You may appear at any Court in your area.

For Injunction against Workplace Harassment

For General Injunction against Harassment

What do I need to do if I want the Judge to perform my wedding?

Call the Court to determine availability of the Judge. You must have your marriage license and 2 witnesses. There is no charge if performed during operating hours. (928-649-3250)

Do I get a marriage license from you?

No, we do not issue marriage licenses. You may contact any Superior Court in the State of Arizona. In Yavapai County, there are two Superior Courts; Camp Verde location 928-567-7741; Prescott location 928-771-3312.

How do I obtain copies of my records?

If you need copies of your records complete this form.

Payment is required prior to processing copies. Please allow 6 of our business days to complete.

Water, Sewer and Trash

How do I open a utilities account?

Come to Town Hall at 600 Clark Street and fill out an application. Please bring a valid picture ID. You’ll also need to pay an LMP (last month payment) and a $15 new account fee. The LMP amount depends on what type of account you open (residential vs. business, in town vs. outside town limits, etc.).

What's covered in Jerome utilities?

Water service, sewer service and trash collection.

When are utility payments due?

By the 15th of every month.

Do you take credit cards?

Yes, payment can be made by credit card, check, money order or cash. You can pay in person, by mail (no cash by mail please!) or by phone. There is a payment drop box on the wall just outside the main entrance of Town Hall where you can drop off payments. 

Can I set up automatic payments?

Yes, but not through the Town of Jerome. You will need to arrange that through your financial institution.

What hours is Town Hall open to receive payments?

Our office at Town Hall is open Monday thru Thursday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. For payments by check or money order after hours or on weekends, you may use the payment drop box located on the wall just outside of our main entrance. 

Building Inspector

What Projects Require Building Permits?

The following information is intended as a guide for home owners and does not include all projects that require permits. Please contact the building department if you have questions about the need for a permit for your project.

  • Detached structures over 144 sq ft
  • Room additions
  • Patio covers
  • Retaining walls exceeding 4’
  • Fences exceeding 6’ 
  • Swimming pools &  spas
  • Gas lines
  • Porch enclosures
  • Carport enclosure
  • Window replacement – when size is altered
  • Re-roofing
  • Interior / exterior wall removal or installs
  • Drywall
  • Plumbing fixtures to be added or relocated
  • Water system re-piping
  • Electrical panel change outs
  • Electrical updates / rewires
  • Photovoltaic systems
  • Fireplace installations
  • Lath for stucco systems 
  • Electrical, Mechanical, Plumbing for detached structures less than 144 sq ft

New Resident Resources

How do I sign up to receive Alerts and News & Notices?

Simply click the "Subscribe" button on the left, fill out the brief form with your preferred contact information, and click "Submit."

Where do I go to vote?

The Town of Jerome does not have a dedicated polling place; however, all elections are Vote-By-Mail elections, and ballots may be mailed or dropped off at any of several locations within Yavapai County. In addition, voters may opt to vote in person at designated polling locations outside of Jerome. For more information, visit our Elections page, or Yavapai County's website.